Call us now for
a free quotation
t: 020 8202 4540
Arrange Call Back
Facts about heat pumps
If you are concerned about the rising cost of energy, an air source heat pump from Hamilton Air Conditioning and Heating could be a wise investment. Why? Because an air source heat pump can reduce your carbon footprint and could significantly reduce your heating costs. So if you want to stay warm and help protect the environment without being subjected to sky-high heating bills, read on.
How Does an Air Source Heat Pump Work?
Put simply, an air source heat pump takes heat from outside, increases the temperature of that heat, and then pumps it into the heating system in your property. Depending on the type of air source heat pump you buy, the heat is distributed by air through an air conditioning system or through water into a central heating system.
To do this, the air source heat pump needs to be connected to your electricity supply, but don’t worry – an air source heat pump can produce approximately 3-4 kw of energy for every 1 kw it needs to run. That’s around 3 times more energy efficient than a boiler (which usually produce between 900 watts and 1kw for each kw required to run).
Choosing the Right Type of Air Source Heat Pump
There are two main types of air source heat pump – those that transfer heat by air, and those that transfer heat through water. In both cases, the air source heat pump extracts heat from the air, then increases that heat internally before transferring it to your property. But the way the heat is transferred into your property varies:
- Air source heat pumps that use air distribute heat through an air conditioning system, and are often only suitable for providing warm living or working areas.
- Air source heat pumps that use water can distribute heat through your central heating system, and so can be used to provide warm rooms and heat your water.
- Type of heating system in place at your property in London. Air conditioning systems should be connected to air-to-air heat pumps, whereas air-to-water heat source pumps are more appropriate for under-floor heating and central heating systems.
- Quality of insulation at your property in London. Air conditioning and air source heat pumps can only be efficient if your property is insulated. Without good insulation, the heat generated by your air source heat pump could be lost.
- Amount of space you have available.
- Temperatures you need to generate.
- Cost savings you wish to make.
At Hamilton Air Conditioning and Heating, we can advise you on the most appropriate air source heat pump for your London property. Using our many years of experience, we can help you consider a wide range of factors, including the:
When you have chosen an air source heat pump from Hamilton Air Conditioning and Heating, our team will supply and install it to the highest standards. For more details about the air source heat pumps that we recommend, see our Heat Pump Products page.
Ready to SAVE MONEY on Heating Bills?
At Hamilton Air Conditioning and Heating, we can supply, install, maintain and repair air source heat pumps from the major manufacturers (Toshiba, Daikin, Mitsubishi and Fujitsu ).
So if you are looking to reduce your heating bills with high quality yet affordable air source heat pumps, contact Hamilton Air Conditioning and Heating now!